ProofWiki:Books/Roger Penrose/The Emperor's New Mind
Roger Penrose: The Emperor's New Mind
Published 1989, 2nd Edition 1999, Oxford University Press.
- Note to the Reader
- Figure Acknowledgements
- Foreword (Martin Gardner)
- Preface (September 1998)
- 1 Can a Computer have a Mind?
- 2 Algorithms and Turing Machines
- 3 Mathematics and Reality
- 4 Truth, Proof and Insight
- 5 The Classical World
- 6 Quantum Magic and Quantum Mystery
- 7 Cosmology and the Arrow of Time
- 8 In Search of Quantum Gravity
- 9 Real Brains and Model Brains
- 10 Where Lies the Physics of Mind?