Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page lists articles associated with the same title. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Distance may refer to:
- Metric spaces:
- A distance function in a measure defining a metric space.
- The distance between sets is the minimum distance between elements in two subsets of a metric space.
- The distance between two points $A$ and $B$ is the length of a line segment joining $A$ and $B$.
- The distance between two lines $L_1$ and $L_2$ in ordinary space is the length of the shortest line segment joining $L_1$ and $L_2$.
- Information theory:
- The distance between two codewords of a given linear code is the number of corresponding terms which are different between those two codewords.