Jump to navigation Jump to search
Dutch mathematician and logician of the Intuitionist school.
- Born: 9 May 1898 in Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Died: 9 July 1980 in Lugano, Switzerland
Theorems and Definitions
- Brouwer-Heyting-Kolmogorov Interpretation (with Luitzen Egbertus Jan Brouwer, independently of Andrey Nikolaevich Kolmogorov)
- Heyting Algebra
- Heyting Arithmetic
Results named for Arend Heyting can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Arend Heyting can be found here.
- 1930: Die formalen Regeln der intuitionistischen Logik
- 1934: Intuitionism and Proof Theory
- 1941: Untersuchungen der intuitionistische Algebra
- 1956: Intuitionism: An introduction
- 1959: Axioms for intuitionistic plane affine geometry. The axiomatic method. With special reference to geometry and physics
- 1962: After thirty years
- 1963: Axiomatic projective geometry
- 1966: Intuitionism: An introduction (2nd revised edition)
- 1973: Address to Professor A. Robinson
- 1974: Mathematische Grundlagenforschung, Intuitionismus, Beweistheorie
- 1980: Axiomatic projective geometry (2nd edition)