Jump to navigation Jump to search
Swiss mathematician who worked in algebraic topology and the theory of Lie groups.
One of the creators of the contemporary theory of linear algebraic groups.
- Born: 21 May 1923 in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland
- Died: 11 August 2003 in Princeton, New Jersey, United States
Theorems and Definitions
- Borel-de Siebenthal Theory (with Jean de Siebenthal)
- Borel-Moore Homology (with John Coleman Moore)
- Baily-Borel Compactification (with Walter Lewis Baily Jr.)
- Borel-Bott-Weil Theorem (with André Abraham Weil and Raoul Bott) (also known as Borel-Weil-Bott Theorem)
Results named for Armand Borel can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Armand Borel can be found here.
- 1960: Seminar on transformation groups