Mathematician:Daniel Edwin Rutherford
(Redirected from Mathematician:D.E. Rutherford)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Scottish mathematician who mainly worked on abstract algebra, vector analysis and fluid mechanics, among various others.
- Born: July 4 1906, Stirling, Scotland
- Died: 9 Nov 1966, St Andrews, Fife, Scotland
- 1932: Modular Invariants
- 1939: Vector Methods
- 1957: Vector Methods, 9th ed.
- 1948: Substitutional Analysis
- 1951: Classical Mechanics
- 1959: Fluid dynamics
- 1965: Elementary Abstract Algebra (with Edward McWilliam Patterson)
- 1965: Introduction to lattice theory
Also known as
Known informally as Dan Rutherford.