Mathematician:David Herbert Fowler
Jump to navigation Jump to search
British historian of mathematics whose thesis concerned the study of ratios as used in ancient Greece before the work of Eudoxus of Cnidus.
- Born: April 28, 1937, Blackburn, England
- Died: 13 April 2004, Warwick, England
- 1973: Introducing Real Analysis
- 1979: Ratio in Early Greek Mathematics
- 1980: Book II of Euclid's Elements and a Pre-Eudoxan Theory of Ratio
- 1981: Anthyphairetic Ratio and Eudoxan Proportion
- 1982: A Generalization of the Golden Section
- 1987: The Mathematics of Plato's Academy
- 1999: The Mathematics of Plato's Academy, 2nd ed.
- John J. O'Connor and Edmund F. Robertson: "David Herbert Fowler": MacTutor History of Mathematics archive