Mathematician:Ernst Waldfried Josef Wenzel Mach
Physicist and philosopher of the Austrian empire.
Noted for his study of shock waves.
Major influence on logical positivism and American pragmatism.
Czech (at the time part of the Austrian Empire)
- Born: February 18, 1838 in Brno, Moravia, Austrian Empire (now Czechia)
- Died: February 19, 1916 in Munich, German Empire
Theorems and Definitions
Definitions of concepts named for Ernst Waldfried Josef Wenzel Mach can be found here.
- 1883: The Science of Mechanics
- 1897: The Analysis of Sensations
- Strange as it may sound, the power of mathematics rests on its evasion of all unnecessary thought and on its wonderful saving of mental operations.