Jump to navigation Jump to search
French mathematician best known for his work in complex analysis and calculus.
- Born: 18 August 1832 in Sommières, Occitanie, Languedoc, France
- Died: 19 August 1910 in Lunel, Hérault, Languedoc, France
Theorems and Definitions
- Rouché-Fontené Theorem (with Georges Fontené to whom priority actually goes) as it is known in France: also known as:
- Rouché-Frobenius Theorem (with Ferdinand Georg Frobenius)
- Rouché-Capelli Theorem (with Alfredo Capelli) as it is known in Italy
- Kronecker-Capelli Theorem (after Leopold Kronecker and Alfredo Capelli) as it is known in Russia
Results named for Eugène Rouché can be found here.
- 1862: Mémoire sur la serie de Lagrange (in which Rouché's Theorem appears)
- 1874: Traité de géométrie élémentaire (with Charles De Comberousse)
- 1875: Sur la discussion des equations du premier degré (in which the Rouché-Frobenius Theorem appears)
- 1889: Éléments de Statique Graphique
- 1893: Coupe des pierres: précédée des principes du trait de stéréotomie (with Charles Brisse)
- 1900 - 02: Analyse infinitésimale à l'usage des ingénieurs (2 volumes) (with Lucien Lévy)