Mathematician:Francis H. Clarke
Canadian and French mathematician, known for his contributions to nonsmooth analysis (a term that is due to him), and particularly for his theory of generalized gradients (gradients généralisés), as well as for his work in optimization, the differential equations , control theory, calculation of variations, and modeling in several application domains.
Canadian and French
- Born: 30 July 1948 in Montreal, Quebec Canada
- 1983: Optimization and Nonsmooth Analysis
- 1989: Methods of Dynamic and Nonsmooth Optimization, SIAM, 1989.
- 1998: Nonsmooth Analysis and Control Theory (with Yu. Ledyaev, R.J. Stern and P.R. Wolenski)
- 2013: Functional Analysis, Calculus of Variations and Optimal Control
Also known as
Known informally as Frank.