Jump to navigation Jump to search
Polish mathematician known for his work in analytic number theory.
- Born: 20 March 1840 in Schroda, Posen, Prussia (now Środa Wielkopolska, Poland)
- Died: 5 March 1927 in Vienna, Austria
Theorems and Definitions
- Meissel-Mertens Constant (with Daniel Friedrich Ernst Meissel), also known as:
Results named for Franz Mertens can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Franz Mertens can be found here.
- 1865: De functione potentiali duarum ellipsoidium homogenearum
- 1887: Invariante Gebilde ternärer Formen
- 1889: Invariante Gebilde quaternärer Formen
- 1895: Dirichletscher Reihen
- 1897: Über eine zahlentheoretische Funktion
- 1901: Zur linearen Transformation der q-Reihen
- 1902: Beweis der Galois'schen Fundamentalsatzes
Also known as
Also known by the Polish form of his first name: Franciszek