Mathematician:George Finlay Simmons
(Redirected from Mathematician:George F. Simmons)Jump to navigation Jump to search
American mathematician who has worked in topology and classical analysis.
Renowned for both his teaching abilities and his first-class text books.
Also notable for taking the unusual stance of casting doubt upon the importance of the legacy of René Descartes.
- Born: March 3, 1925
- 1946: B.S. California Institute of Technology
- 1948: M.S. University of Chicago
- 1957: Ph.D. Yale University
- 1962: Joined Colorado College as a lecturer
- Died: August 6, 2019
- 1981: Precalculus Mathematics in a Nutshell
- 1985: Calculus with Analytic Geometry
- 1996: Calculus with Analytic Geometry (2nd ed.)
- 1992: Calculus Gems