Mathematician:Hendrik Willem Lenstra Jr.
(Redirected from Mathematician:H.W. Lenstra, Jr.)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Dutch mathematician working principally in computational number theory.
Well known as the discoverer of the elliptic curve factorization method.
Co-discoverer of the Lenstra-Lenstra-Lovász Lattice Basis Reduction Algorithm.
The Cohen-Lenstra Heuristics, a set of precise conjectures about the structure of class groups of quadratic fields, is named after him.
Brother of Jan Karel Lenstra, Andries Johannes Lenstra and Arjen Klaas Lenstra.
- Born: 16 April 1949 in Zaandam
Theorems and Definitions
- Lenstra-Lenstra-Lovász Lattice Basis Reduction Algorithm (with Arjen Klaas Lenstra and László Lovász)
- Cohen-Lenstra Heuristics (with Henri Cohen)
- Prime Decomposition of 9th Fermat Number (with Arjen Klaas Lenstra, Mark Steven Manasse and John Michael Pollard)
- Jul. 1993: The Factorization of the Ninth Fermat Number (Math. Comp. Vol. 61, no. 203: pp. 319 – 349) (with A.K. Lenstra, M.S. Manasse and J.M. Pollard) www.jstor.org/stable/2152957