Mathematician:John Leroy Kelley
(Redirected from Mathematician:John L. Kelley)Jump to navigation Jump to search
American mathematician best known for his work on topology and functional analysis.
Author of the widely-used and -cited textbook General Topology, and others.
Co-creator, with Anthony Perry Morse, of Morse-Kelley set theory.
- Born: December 6, 1916, Kansas, USA
- Died: November 26, 1999, Berkeley, California, USA
Theorems and Definitions
Results named for John Leroy Kelley can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for John Leroy Kelley can be found here.
- 1953: Exterior ballistics (with Edward James McShane and Franklin V. Reno)
- 1955: General Topology
- 1960: Introduction to Modern Algebra
- 1963: Linear Topological Spaces (with Isaac Namioka et al.)
- 1970: Elementary Mathematics for Teachers (with Donald Richert)