Mathematician:Galen John Strawson
British analytic philosopher and literary critic working mainly on philosophy of mind and metaphysics, including free will, panpsychism, the mind-body problem, and the self.
Also writes on John Locke, David Hume, Immanuel Kant and Friedrich Nietzsche.
Son of the philosopher Peter Frederick Strawson.
- Born: 1952, England
Theorems and Definitions
- 1986: Freedom and Belief
- 1989: The Secret Connexion
- 1994: Mental Reality
- 2006: Consciousness and Its Place in Nature: Does physicalism entail panpsychism?
- 2008: Real Materialism and Other Essays
- 2009: Selves: An Essay in Revisionary Metaphysics
- 2011: The Evident Connexion: Hume on Personal Identity
- 2011: Locke on Personal Identity: Consciousness and Concernment
- 2017: The Subject of Experience