Mathematician:Leonard Max Adleman
American cryptographer and software engineer, best known for his involvement in the creation of the RSA algorithm.
Successfully used DNA as a computation technique.
Supposed to have coined the term virus in the context of computer programs.
- Born: December 31, 1945 in San Francisco, California, US
- RSA Algorithm (with Ronald Linn Rivest and Adi Shamir)
- Adleman-Pomerance-Rumely Primality Test (with Carl Bernard Pomerance and Robert Scott Rumely)
Definitions of concepts named for Leonard Max Adleman can be found here.
- Jan. 1983: On Distinguishing Prime Numbers from Composite Numbers (Ann. Math. Ser. 2 Vol. 117, no. 1: pp. 173 – 206) (with Carl Pomerance and Robert S. Rumely) www.jstor.org/stable/2006975
- 1994: Molecular Computation of Solutions To Combinatorial Problems